« « Make Some Extra Money: Opinion Outpost
Free Streaming Videos of Online Yoga Classes » »

Just got a surprise $2 in the mail from Knowledge Networks

Filed under: All, Make Money

Today was an exciting day at the mailbox. I got a 25 gift card for Amazon.com from Mypoints. I also received a sample of Kashi’s new Honey Sunshine cereal which came with a coupon I will be using to get 4 boxes of Kashi cereal for 50 cents at Jewel. Add in two movies from my Netflix queue, and that alone makes a fun day.

There was also a huge first class envelope from Knowledge Networks, which I have never heard of. It was addressed to the current residents, so I opened it up and was surprised to be greeted by two 1 dollar bills.

It turns out Knowledge Panel is a US-based research company. They’re currently doing a national recruitment campaign where they’re randomly selecting addresses and inviting people to join the panel. We were one of the households selected! With the $2 cash up front, they’ve definitely got my attention, and I’m signing up for their panel today.

Unfortunately, you can only sign-up for the panel if your household is selected and sent a letter. If you get a big first class envelope from Knowledge Networks, make sure to open it! Even if you’re not interested in the panel, there’s 2 bucks inside, and free money should not go to waste.

Has anyone ever been a part of the KnowledgePanel? I’m interested in hearing about your experiences.

Read my follow-up review on Knowledge Panel, including stats on their payments and proof of payment.

If you have any questions about Knowledge Panel, please check their FAQ and the FAQ I compiled as well.

Comments

26 Comments on Just got a surprise $2 in the mail from Knowledge Networks

1. A on Mon, 14th Sep 2009 4:27 PM
  2. Wow, they mailed you $2 in cash? That’s pretty bold.

3. Tiffany on Mon, 14th Sep 2009 4:44 PM
  4. Yeah, I was shocked when I opened the envelope and that was the first thing I saw. It made me wonder how many people just toss the envelopes without even opening it and how much money gets thrown away.

5. Katie on Mon, 1st Mar 2010 6:14 PM
  6. We just got one of these in the mail as well, and when I went to google it to see if any one had reported it as a scam, I came across this site and a few others. From what I have read so far, it seems to be legitimate. So strange that they would send actual dollar bills, though! I guess we will sign up give it a try, doesn’t seem like it could hurt.

7. Tiffany on Thu, 11th Mar 2010 1:33 PM
  8. Yep, they’re definitely legitimate. I’ve been with them since September and have gotten 2 checks from them. I haven’t had a single problem with their surveys either. I definitely recommend that anyone with the opportunity signs up.

9. Fawzi on Wed, 30th Jun 2010 11:19 AM
  10. I got this in the mail as well, but one thing that surprised me was the two 1$ bills. Their serial codes show that they were printed right after eachother, doesnt that seem wierd?

11. Tiffany on Wed, 30th Jun 2010 11:25 AM
  12. I don’t know how weird it is. If they got it directly from the bank and they’re all new bills it’s possible they have a stack of bills that were all printed together.

13. Dean Sherman on Sat, 31st Jul 2010 8:18 AM
  14. I also got the $2 and I’ve completed the “getting to Know you” survey that is supposed to get me $10. When I got an invitation to do a survey the “click here to start survey” didn’t work. Then I was advised to go to a link if it didn’t work. I’ve been thinking that that is a way to redirect to a scam site.

15. Tiffany on Sat, 31st Jul 2010 12:03 PM
  16. Well Dean, I can’t explain why you’re having problems accessing the surveys. I’ve never had problems clicking on the survey links in the emails and the links have always taken me to the surveys on their site. My only suggestion is to contact customer support or try copy and pasting the URLs. It’s not a scam and they’re not trying to redirect you anywhere.

17. Eric on Wed, 4th Aug 2010 12:14 AM
  18. Seems legit to me. Not really worth the time but it is kind of fun. Knowledge Network selects households randomly. You cannot just sign up. I was skeptical and ignored the first letter with the $2. Then I got a second letter reminding me. I did a little research and felt that they were legitimate. Since then, both my wife and I have each received $10 for signing up. In addition, I have earned 11,000 points ($11.00) and my wife has about 5,000 points ($5.00). These were earned in the first two weeks. All surveys taken so far have been worth $1.00 except for one that was worth $5.00. Assuming we collect on the points we get (which I have not done yet because you need 25,000 points before they send you a check) we have earned about $38.00.

19. Dasha on Wed, 18th Aug 2010 11:54 AM
  20. I’ve been a member with them for quite a while and have been sent $400 worth of checks so far!!

21. Teesha on Mon, 3rd Jan 2011 10:00 AM
  22. Well i been doing these surveys, and i got the 2$, the 10$ check and 2-25$ checks.. but have never cashed them in fear, that my bank account is the target for a scam..di u all cash these checks with no problems..?

23. Tiffany on Mon, 3rd Jan 2011 7:06 PM
  24. Hey Teesha. I’ve cashed about 5 or 6 checks from Knowledge Networks without any problems. All of my experiences with the panel indicate that it is not a scam.

25. chris on Wed, 26th Jan 2011 9:53 AM
  26. hey teesha and tiffany i believe this whole conversation is made up
    what do you think?

27. Tiffany on Sun, 30th Jan 2011 5:25 PM
  28. Hey Chris, I’m not sure what conversation you’re referring to.

29. ShaunaSayomi on Sun, 6th Feb 2011 3:38 PM
  30. HI CHRIS ITS NOT MADE UP. I HAD GOOGLED THIS COMPANY FOR A SCAM TOO AD THIS SITE CAME UP. IVE JUST STARTED AND DID RECEIVE 10 BUCKS PLUS A 2 FREE DOLLARS. ITS LEGIT. IM GLAD THAT IT IS. I COULD USE THE EXTRA CASH.
    ShaunaSayomi recently posted..ShaunaSayomi- @hojoe I think like a criminal because I am one Lmao Nah but watching Trutv-court tv make you paranoid O-o

31. white_rosebud on Thu, 31st Mar 2011 1:40 PM
  32. Got one of these envelopes and am participating in the surveys. Very interesting.

33. Lashon on Fri, 1st Apr 2011 4:35 PM
  34. I got the 2 dollars in the mail and i was happy. But theyre suppose to be mailing me a laptop because i dont have internet. If i do the surveys for 3 years i get to keep it. Im so excited

35. Eric on Tue, 19th Apr 2011 11:25 PM
  36. I was skeptical at first so I did some quick research and thought I’d give it a go. I have received a couple of checks from them. I’ve been doing it for almost a year. I’m somewhere around the $250 mark. Is it worth the time? Probably not if you are looking at it as some sort of income. If you are interested in having your opinion counted than I would say it is worth your time. Is it interesting? Sometimes they are very interesting and sometimes they are quite boring. Surveys take anywhere from 1 minute to 30 plus minutes.

So far I have nothing negative to say about they program.

37. emily on Wed, 20th Apr 2011 4:43 PM
  38. Most importantly, the BBB gives them an A+.

39. Olga Gonzalez on Tue, 7th Jun 2011 9:10 PM
  40. Hello Tiffany! I was wondering if maybe you could help me. I just signed up to be a member of the knowledge panel. I requested a laptop and internet from them because i do not have one. Do you know if I will still be receiving checks or I will I only receive checks if I use my own internet and laptop?

41. Tiffany on Sat, 25th Jun 2011 8:07 AM
  42. You will only receive checks if you have your own computer and internet. Receiving the free computer and internet is how they compensate you for your time. Please contact the Knowledge Panel for more information.

43. Oz on Wed, 12th Oct 2011 12:49 PM
  44. So if you ask for the laptop and Internet, is it unlimited Internet access?

45. Ron on Sat, 29th Oct 2011 8:09 AM
  46. Guys it’s legitimate. Why waste $2 dollars on a scam that most people would realize anyways? I personally use KP and have never had a single problem from them. There even sending me a Laptop and paying for my internet bill so I can continue doing surveys since my old computer broke down. These guys are the real deal!

47. Shauna on Thu, 9th May 2013 5:44 AM
  48. It’s actually legit. I’ve been doing it for 2 years an have redeemed over 200 in Sephora giftcards. I could’ve gotten more but I ignored some of the surveys when I didn’t need money as bad. I almost threw it in the trash when I got the invite. I needed a pack of cigarettes then I open the envelope an see a 5 dollar bill. I wonder how many people tossed it out as junk mail.

49. Terri on Mon, 19th Aug 2013 2:38 PM
  50. I was just wondering. I received two one dollar bills in the mail on Saturday and was just wondering if this wesite is real??????Tthe name of it is GFK custom Research. I filled it out and they said they were going to send me $10.00 to me and other people in my house hold. Is this company a scammer?????

51. Mariae on Sun, 23rd Feb 2014 11:27 AM
  52. I just got this in the mail… No $2 though… but it says I’ll get $10 if I join.
    it was on its way to the trash like the other mailers when I thought of checking if it’s legit and I found your site… Thanks for sharing the info.

Tell me what you're thinking...

CommentLuv badge